AdaptiveMobile Security are delighted to participate in the FSAG #20
Both our CTO Cathal McDaid and Head of 5G Research Dr. Silke Holtmans will participate and give insights on key industry topics, sharing our global mobile security intelligence and research findings.
Virtual Event | 22-24 June 2021
More about the GSMA’s Fraud and Security Group (FASG) below:
The GSMA’s Fraud and Security Group (FASG) drives the industry’s management of fraud and security matters related to mobile technology, networks and services, with the objective to maintain or increase the protection of mobile operator technology and infrastructure and customer identity, security and privacy such that the industry’s reputation stays strong and mobile operators remain trusted partners in the ecosystem. FASG provides an open, receptive and trusted environment within which fraud and security intelligence and incident details can be shared in a timely and responsible way.
- The Fraud and Security Group is working on a range of topics in the following areas:
- Protecting customers against fraud
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent access to mobile services
- Identifying abuses of service terms & conditions
- Fast identification of fraud committed while roaming
- Mobile operator brand and reputational protection
- Minimising wholesale risks to mobile operators
- NFV security
- LTE network configuration and roaming security
- 5G security
- Infrastructure security and testing
- Interconnect signalling security
- Mobile malware
- Mobile device and application security
- IoT security
- UICC security
What the Fraud and Security Group Does
- Continuously assess the global fraud and security threat landscape, analyse the associated risks for network operators and their customers and define and prioritize appropriate mitigating actions.
- Assess threats and actual implementation across the globe and report on the state of the industry at regular intervals.
- Specify technical fraud solutions and security enablers such as security algorithms and drive their adoption by suppliers and network operators.
- Review and analyse new and existing architectures, services and solutions and conduct fraud and security risk assessments of these to ensure adequate protection by design.
- Define fraud and security requirements and minimum standards for the industry and drive implementation and compliance with those standards.
- Promote fraud and security awareness across the industry.
- Establish processes to handle industry level fraud or security incidents and support these in operation.
- Assist members with the investigation of fraud and security incidents.
How to Get InvolvedIf you would like more information about the Fraud and Security Group, please contact FASG@gsma.com.
About AdaptiveMobile Security
Cyber & Telecom Security
AdaptiveMobile Security is the world leader in mobile network security, protecting more than 2.1 billion subscribers worldwide. With deep expertise and a unique focus on network-to-handset security, AdaptiveMobile’s award-winning security solutions and services provide its customers with advanced threat detection and actionable intelligence, combined with the most comprehensive security product-set in the market today.
AdaptiveMobile Security was founded in 2006 and counts some of the world’s largest carriers, Governments and Regulators as customers. The Company is headquartered in Dublin with offices in North America, Europe, South Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
Protecting Every Nation! Every Network! Every Number!